1. According to Brutus, why is it is necessary that Caesar be killed?
A- because if they crown Caesar, then he will abuse his power like many rulers do.
2. What actions does Lucius perform that help the plot unfold?
A- He gives Brutus a letter that he “found” by the window. He tells Brutus that Cassius and others at the door.
3. What is Brutus’s internal conflict?
A- Brutus internal conflict was that he was scared to show his face.
4. Why does Brutus disagree about taking an oath?
A- Because if they all decide to break up the group and not go through with it then he is still an accomplice in the group because he took the oath.
5. Why does Metellus think it would be a good idea to ask Cicero to join the conspiracy?
A- So the people would think that he ordered the action with his mature judgement.
6. Why does Brutus say they should not ask Cicero to join the conspiracy?
A- Brutus believes that Cicero won’t follow something that other men have started.
7. What does Brutus say about killing Marc Antony?
A- He says they shouln’t because it will seem like they killed Caesar out of anger, and Marc Antony because of envy. They don’t want it to seem like a personal murder.
8. What reason does Cassius give for why Caesar might not come out of his house today?
A- Cassius says that Caesar has become superstitious lately, and that he has started believeing all the opinions of the fortune-tellers that something bad will happen to him.
9. By what method does Decius say he will use to get Caesar out of the house?
A- He says he will flatter Caesar to get him out the house and when he’s in the right mood he’ll bring him to the capitol.
10. Why is Portia, Brutus’s wife, worried about Brutus?
A- When she askes him whats the matter he becomes more angry, and his moodiness dosen’t allow him to eat, sleep, or talk. So she believes that he is sick and that he dosen’t want to take care of it.